Sunday, January 25, 2009

Taking it nice and easy

John and my brother rented road bikes yesterday and got some much deserved "fun" time. My energy levels are not even close to what they used to be. I spent most of the day on the couch.

I finally got to take a real shower last night. I still have to be careful when washing my hair, so I don't get the sutures wet. It was nice to get a good night's rest last night...I don't miss getting waken up by the nurse every few hours.

The pain is manageable. I find that the vicodin makes me really drowsy, but is very effective. My mom found a few stray staples in my head as she helped wash out the residual blood this morning. I'll have to remind the doctor to remove them tomorrow, during my appointment.

The weather is cold and wet, so I haven't gone outside too much today. John and my brother went out on the road bikes along Stevens Creek Trail (losing each other at some point), while I stayed on the couch.

We ate Subway for lunch, but I discovered that John and my brother went to In-N-Out burger for lunch. After some pestering, I found out this was their second trip to In-N-Out since we've been out here. It's nice to know everyone is eating well while I'm stuck with hospital food. I will definitely stop by there at least once before we leave.

Tomorrow is my appointment with Dr. Steinberg. I think I'll be laying low until Wednesday...I find myself getting tired often.

3 comments:

  1. You are much deserving of the extended rest and relaxation. Just make sure the boys are spoiling you to the proper extent. It sounds like everything went well though and I'm sure you'll be back on your feet much sooner than the doctors expect.

    We're supposed to get a warm up here this week - it may even reach +24!

    Do you know how long you'll have to stay out there after the surgery on Wednesday?

    Wishing you the best and be sure to cheer for the Steelers on Sunday. I haven't told Linda yet but that's my pick.

    Love,

    Nancy and Denny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girl!,

    In-N-Out Burger!!! I completely forgot about those burgers....mmmmmmmm. I think John can vidicate himself by bringing you one after this next surgery. Nothing is as rewarding as getting food and drinks past the nurses! So glad you are doing so very well. We all miss you very much and are anxious for your speedy recovery and return - Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Cynthia! I've never had an "In-N-Out Burger," I bet they are scrumptious! It's only fair that John brings you at least one with all the trimmings!

    I hope Nancy is confident about her pick because we are cheering for the Arizona Cardinals in this house! QB Kurt Warner was born in Burlington, Iowa and played for UNI! I expect my kids to cheer for Arizona! If they don't win I'm out $6 and a Floribean Flo Orange Cake!

    I hope your appointment goes well today and I'll be thinking of you Wednesday. You are doing so well........the doctor has to be impressed! All my love, Mom

    ReplyDelete