Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A 10 hour day...in a hospital bed

I had my cerebral angiogram this morning. We got up before the crack of dawn to check in at 6:00am! I have been laying in a hospital bed since about 6:30 this morning. It was torture. The angiogram procedure went well. The doctor seemed surprised that I haven't had a stroke yet based on the images they were taking during the procedure. There was less pain during this one and it was quicker than my last procedure in FL. After the angiogram I was ordered to lay flat in the hospital bed for 6 hours. I could not move my legs or lift my head. Aaaagh! This was the worst day here yet. We didn't check out until 5:00pm.

Tomorrow is a busy day again with a neuropysch test, an ultrasound of my legs, and a brain spect scan. I'm supposed to limit walking or bending my leg for the next 48 hours...I may have to get John to wheelchair me around the hospital tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Marisa,
    This is Strom's mom here. I just wanted to tell you that there are people out here in Colorado, whom you've never met, but who are thinking about you and wishing you the easiest surgery and the quickest recovery ever. Having viewed medical facilities from the inside out for going on 46 years now, I can tell you with great confidence that you are in the best hands in the world there at Stanford. Many good thoughts and prayers are coming your way. Sincerely, Donna Strom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marisa,
    Sounds like a rough day but know that it will all be worth it in the end. From reading on the Internet and what you're saying, they are very thorough there and you're in great hands. I'm just glad there is a solution for you and I'm sure it's going to work.

    We're staying warm here in Wisconsin. It was a whopping -23 this morning so school was cancelled. Denny and I still had to work but it's great as the phone doesn't ring much with hardly anyone here.

    Hang in there and best wishes!

    Love, Nancy and Denny

    ReplyDelete