[J] Drum role... The moment you've all been waiting for has arrived... I'm taking over the blog.
...and as far as Marisa goes, she's done and she's fine. We just got through talking with the doctor. The surgery went well. Her MCA blood flow has more than doubled. They don't have enough data to know what the blood flow should be, but they do know that more is better than less and Marisa now has more.
We got to see Marisa for a few seconds as she was rolled into ICU. I asked her to blink once if she was comfortable or twice if she was in pain. She blinked three times. I take that to mean she's still drugged. The doctor said she should be pretty comfortable and we can expect a higher level of cognition shortly. As soon as Marisa is settled-in we'll be allowed to visit. I'll update again after we talk.
I will continue to annotate my blog entries with a [J] as done above. That way nobody will confuse my posts with Marisa's and think she's experienced any cognitive decline.
I'm so happy everything went well. You guys have been on my mind all day. Let her know she is in our hearts and prayers and give her a great big hug from us...not to tight... :)
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Doris