Saturday, January 17, 2009

Fun in the sun

My brother joined us as we went over to Santa Cruz along the coast today. It was about a 45 minute drive to Santa Cruz from Mountain View. You know you're in Silicon Valley when you drive past a Mercedes with a rack of surfboards on the roof.









We went to see the Natural Bridges State Beach to see the landmark and the nearby surf break. It started off slightly cold this morning, but warmed up as we walked along the rocky coast. It was a very nice change of scenery from the hospital.









We drove along the coast and stopped at a Kneeboard Surf contest. Never seen this before, so it we stayed to watch one of the heats.









Since we are surrounded by mountain bike trails in this area, we (by we I mean John) decided to stop by a local bike shop to see what type of rentals they had available. We did have lunch first at a local taqueria across the bike shop, so I didn't mind. We ate here the during a previous trip to visit my brother, so we knew what we were getting ourselves into. I had nachos with chicken and John had two tacos. It was yummy.









I thought we would have an answer by now on whether I would need surgery on the left side of my head. We are both a little disappointed that no one has given us an answer yet. I know I have a few small aneurysms, but I don't know if any type of treatment is needed or what treatment options I have. Hopefully we will get an answer on Tuesday before I go into surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment