Sunday, January 11, 2009

1st full day in Nor Cal

I guess I didn't check the weather before my previous entry this morning. The weather warmed up to a high of 70, after starting in the 30's early this morning.

My brother lives in Sunnvale and met up with us in the morning.

Since I am restricted from any activity other than walking (according to John), we decided to check out the Stevens Creek Trail in Mountain View. It's a multi-use trail that run through portions of the city. It was a good way to see parts of the city and still got some exercise at the same time.

We had lunch at a Greek restaurant along Castro St. which we discovered had some pretty good gyros. We headed to Stanford to take care of pre-registration and determine where my appointments would be for tomorrow. I tried to complete my blood work today, but since it was a Sunday not all the test could be completed until Monday. Oh well. I decided to defer all blood work until tomorrow to spare myself too many pokes.

The Stanford Mall is right next to the university, so we walked around the mall after our visit to the hospital. It's a really nice outdoor mall, but do you know they allow dogs in the mall!?!? It was weird to go into Nordstrom, Macy's, and the Sony Store to see people with their dogs walking past you in the store. Not just little dogs...we saw labradors and rottweilers too.

At my brother's suggestion, we had dinner at Shabuway which is a Shabu Shabu restraurant. It's the Japanese version of fondue. The food was awesome! Here are before and after pictures of my dinner. The beef is cooked in a hot broth...I didn't eat raw meat.


1 comment:

  1. Marisa and John,

    Sounds like things are going well so far. Today is my first day back to work so I am getting reacclimated to life at Harris. Bill and I are praying for your successful surgery and speedy recovery. I took my first long bike ride this weekend since my surgery. It was fun but we deifintely missed you guys. Take care and we will keep in touch through your blog. Let us know if we can do anything for you here at home.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete