I've been able to hold food down and have been on solid foods since yesterday afternoon. The pain has not been as bad as I thought it would. I've only had to take about 4 vicodin since yesterday. I am supposed to get the IV line removed tomorrow, along with the bandage.
Today has been slow. I have tried to get up and walk as much as I could. I had my own room for a day, but just got a roommate this afternoon. Hopefully, I'll be able to sleep. The nurses still stop by every two hours to check my vital signs. The good news is that my blood pressure is back to normal. They gave me 2 units of blood yesterday which seemed to help.
I was told I'd be checking out on Saturday. I can't wait until all of this over. I don't really like hospitals or needles too much these days. Thankfully, John and my parents have been very patient and have assisted me on my walks down the hall and to the bathroom.
I envy our new friends, John and Lily...John only required one surgery and should be able to fly home late next week. I'm nervous about next week's surgery, especially since we haven't had a chance to meet with Steinberg yet (he's out of town until Saturday).
Sorry if there are a lot of misspelled words, I can only type left handed since my IV is still stuck in my right arm.
Thanks for all the uplifting comments...they make me feel better.
Hang in there kid. Just think about how nice it will be to be able to go hiking, biking, and be as active as you want to be again. It is well worth all this and you'll be so thankful you went through all this in the end.
ReplyDeleteAll is good here but supposed to be back down to -15 tomorrow night. We just try to stay warm and avoid the crunchy snow. You two will have to visit later this year and meet the new puppy - Lucy. She's quite a little lover and has now been sleeping through the night the last two nights. - Yeah - back to some much needed sleep.
Be sure John continues to spoil you and get better soon!
Wish we could be there for you...just know you are constantly in our thoughts and prayers! A little frost on the pumpkin last night, but a warming trend is on the way...thank goodness! Dave has a race Saturday and I have to work training another group of new volunteers for Hospice. Take care Marisa...pamper our gal, John...and follow doctor's orders! You'll be back to your old self soon! We love you, Mom and Dave
ReplyDeleteMarisa, hope you are feeling better today. I know it will be great to go home tomorrow. You can sleep without having someone wake you up every hour. Everyone on Sirius FM6 sends best wishes for a quick recovery. The hub is done, the surface looks great and we start rib installation next week! Hurry back to Florida or we will be done! All our love, Laura
ReplyDeleteHey Marisa - getting bored yet? If you need to use up some of that creative energy of yours, try out glogster.com and create an online poster of your pictures. You can throw in some music and video too. I think you'd really like it and maybe it will help pass the time a little faster.
ReplyDeleteIt's cold here tonight. We plan on relaxing a bit as we've both been a little under the weather with colds and bronchitis. I guess that's what we get when we're closed in so much during the winter and surrounded by kids with runny noses. It's worth it though as we get to have the other three seasons which are great.
Hope you get to check out tomorrow and sleep in a real bed. We're glad you have your family there to help you get through this and there are plenty of others who have you in their prayers.
Nancy and Denny