[J] We got to spend 30 minutes with Marisa. She's suffering from nausea. It's bad enough to make her cuss like a sailor, but not loud enough for her mother to hear. At least she's not calling me Jen. Despite having a good bruise, she isn't having any problems with pain. She hasn't needed any pain medication. I think the only thing she feels is sick.
We talked to Dr. Steinberg between the last post and this one. The first doctor we talked to was his fellow. I had asked her about the blood flow numbers and her guess was 2X, but couldn't remember for sure. Dr. Steinberg had the measured results. As it turns out, blood was flowing in the wrong direction by -3 (didn't get the units). After the bypass she was flowing at +20 something. We caught the disease at a pretty good time.
Dr. Steinberg had an unexpected death in his family the other day. After talking to the head nurse I found out that Dr. Steinberg wouldn't leave town until he was sure that Marisa was OK. I think he might still be at the hospital looking after her. He's also coming back early next week to treat her aneurysms. Wow.
I'm allowed one more 30 minute visit tonight. I'll send out another update tomorrow afternoon.
So very glad all is going well. Marisa cursing!! That I cannot even fathom and Hanna and I had quite a chuckle imagining that one this morning when we checked the blog. And especially with her mother there. Nausea after surgery..been there, done that it is such a miserable and nasty feeling. Sounds like you all are in good hands out there and all here send best wishes. Fred has bugging me from Bldg 24 for news as people over there are asking him. Again very happy all is going well and Marisa is responding to surgery!! Cynthia (aka CAY)
ReplyDelete