Sunday, January 18, 2009

Dogs and Luxury Cars

There is a trend in the towns that make up Silicon Valley....nearly everyone goes out with their dog and more than half the population seems to own a luxury (even a few exotic) cars. I have never seen so many Audi, Porche, BMW, Mercedes, and a few Maserati and Ferrari vehicles.

My parents arrived last night and will be here through my surgeries. We all went to breakfast at Hobee's and got stuffed.

John and I drove down to Sanborn Skyline State Park to do some "light" hiking, since I'm still supposed to restrict my activity level due to the angiogram. The weather was perfect and we saw some towering redwoods along the trail.











After the hike we drove over to the historic Saratoga area to get some lunch. We decided to pick the coffee shop that had the Ferrari parked out front. It turned out to be a good pick. We split a BLT. Sorry I ate it all before remembering that I should have taken a picture. Here's the after thought.










It was still early in the day so we started to make our way to Los Gatos, before getting side tracked by an open house sign. We ended up walking through a 3 bedroom house with a separate guest house and huge windows with a breathtaking view of the bay area. The house was great...but way out of our league at just over 2.9 million.

Los Gatos was very upscale. Many people we walked past had their dog with them and the majority of the cars were European. There were doggie bakeries and some restaurants had leash hooks for your dog while you ate.

Tonight my mom is cooking.

1 comment:

  1. Does this mean you're thinking about getting a pooch? I know how much you liked Purdy when you were here. She's really the best dog we've (or Brian's) ever had. You probably know that we have a new addition since Lucy didn't work out with Grandma. Lucy is a Bichon - Shih Tzu mix, not Denny's type of dog but she's a cutie and is slowly growing on him. I like her as she doesn't shed and isn't big enough to chew anything up or make a big mess.

    Say hi to your mom and dad and we're wishing you the best of luck this week.

    Denny and Nancy

    ReplyDelete