Yesterday was a great day thanks to John. After numerous calls to our new health care provider and the Stanford coordinator (I'm sure they loved the pestering, but who cares), we finally got confirmed...surgery date is 1/20/09.
Bob (from Stanford) has been a great help to us. After receiving the authorization and info from our health care provider, Bob emailed to confirm all is well and sent information on some of the tests I will undergo and housing information. He also sent a schedule of my tests and surgery day info. When Bob said I have to be at Stanford Hospital 4 working days before the surgery...I had no idea it was because I have some sort of test EVERY day that week! Yikes! There really won't be much time to relax once I get out there.
I've started looking for flights out to San Jose and reasonably priced lodging. The reality that I'm about to have surgery on my head, in about 4 weeks, is starting to set in. I am so thankful that we (and by we I mean John) have been able to get the insurance side of things expedited, but now I have a real date that is slowly approaching. I can't say I'm looking forward to it, but I know I have no choice. This is probably my only option. The way I've been looking at it is...the sooner I have the surgery, the sooner I can resume a normal (and hopefully active) lifestyle. I am reassured that I am seeing the leading expert in the country on the disease and its treatment.
No comments:
Post a Comment