Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Got the call from Stanford

I got the call from Stanford on Tuesday afternoon. Here’s a summary:

1. Evidence
of Moyamoya on the right side of my brain.
  • Occlusion (which is the medical term for blockage) on the right.
  • Moyamoya vessels (newer, smaller, more fragile) on the right.
  • STA-MCA bypass recommended.
  • Good size scalp artery to take for the bypass on the right side.
2. 3 small aneurysms on the left side of my brain.
  • Need to evaluate to determine risk of rupture and type of treatment required.
  • Will need to get an angiogram performed on the left side @ Stanford the day before the bypass.

The diagnosis was based on the results of the cerebral angiogram. So it’s not great news, but at least I’m a candidate for the surgery.

I'll have to follow up in a later post on how I was diagnosed.

No comments:

Post a Comment