Friday, December 19, 2008

Good news from Health Care Provider

John just got a call from our new health care provider (that is covering us as of 1/1/09)...I'm approved!! They expedited the predetermination process which means I am covered for the surgery and can finally schedule a surgery date at Stanford. Yeah!!!

I am amazed at the efforts made by my Benefits representatives at work and my awesome HR rep. With a little nudging from John, they were able to work through the paperwork and predetermination process in a short amount of time. If not, I'd probably be waiting to hear for approval from the health care provider at the end of January or early February. Thanks to Hope and Cassie. A great big thanks to Kris!

The health care provider should be faxing the information to Bob P. (at Stanford), today. I am hoping to hear from Bob soon so we can confirm the "penciled in" surgery date of 1/20/09. I am excited and relieved that the insurance end of things are resolved.

Now I have to worry about the logistics of traveling and housing.

No comments:

Post a Comment