So yesterday was my last visit to Stanford Hospital for next three years. First was the Trans Cranial Doppler test to evaluate blood flow in and around the graft. I don't know the exact results, but the tech sounded positive.
My appointment with Dr. Steinberg was very short...unfortunately, he was very busy yesterday. He said the images from the angiogram looked good. The graft is working great! There is no sign of Moyamoya on the left side of my head. He suggested that I get a CT angiogram yearly to monitor the left side. According to their statistics, if there is no sign on Moyamoya on the opposing side the chances of the disease progressing is around 10%. We didn't really have much time to ask questions, but we did talk with Teresa for a few minutes. She mentioned that they haven't seen anyone experience the same lumbar drain complication, since I left. Oh yeah, my luck. I then had blood drawn one last time for their Moyamoya study.
We stopped by the neurosurgery patient floor to make one last visit to see Diana. We also saw a few other nurses that helped care for me back in February. Everyone remembered the room number I was last in (evidently, it was a little "cursed" after I was there).
So overall, good news. Nothing to worry about except I don't know if it's really safe to get a CT scan every year.
No comments:
Post a Comment