Thursday, August 13, 2009

Let me out of here

What a day this has been. It didn't start off too well. My schedule said to be here at 600. When I showed up, the nurse said I wasn't on there schedule until after 1000. I couldn't eat breakfast or drink anything 'til after the procedure. I was finally wheeled into the cath/angio lab at 1015. The procedure went well, except I did experience more pain with the catheter insertion than before. Knowing I was required to lay flat on my back for 6 hours...I kept watching time tick by. I had to wait an hour after the angiogram for my blood to start clotting like normal. They gave me an injection of heparin during the procedure to minimize clotting and risk of stroke.

At 1240p the sheath was pulled out and the nurse put pressure for 20 minutes. While the nurse was applying pressure a hematoma showed up. The charge nurse said some blood probably leaked out passed the vessel when they inserted the catheter. My leg is aching, but the nurses said it should be fine. Now I have only 30 more minutes on my back. Yes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment