We flew into San Jose this afternoon and checked into the Stanford Guest House. The guest house is pretty nice and much closer to the hospital which makes it more convenient this time around. The guest house is run by the university and is near the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center (SLAC). We aren't quite sure what they do there, but security was very tight just to get to the guest house.
Testing begins first thing tomorrow morning at 700am. The cardiologist at Stanford (Dr. V) squeezed in an MRA of the chest, right before my SPECT scan which is at 930am...then there is an MRI at noon. It will be a busy day tomorrow with three tests and bloodwork to do. We stopped by the hospital to check-in and get the labels setup for most of my upcoming tests. The sad part is, it feels like I was just here. We saw a few patients walking the halls with their IV stands in hand. This brought back some not so good memories, but I wanted to cheer them on for getting up out of bed.
After checking in, we went looking for the Neurosurgery Patient Floor to stop by and say hi to Diana. I don't know if I mentioned Diana in previous entries, but she was lucky enough to be my nurse for most of my second hospital stay. She helped to care for me when I could barely sit up to eat and had tubes sticking out from nearly every direction. She was the only nurse to listen to John and his lumbar drain complaints. Diana has even taken on leading a lumbar drain task force to help change/improve practices by the nurses on the floor. Diana is one of many at Stanford Hospital that I owe a great deal to for helping me through my experience a few months ago. Since she was still on her shift, we kept our visit brief.
We are meeting my brother for dinner tonight. Then it's off to bed early for a long day of poking and scanning. The weather is perfect...too bad this wasn't a vacation.
We are thinking of you! Good luck with the tests today. I know you are sick of tests, so hang in there and keep us posted. - Erin
ReplyDelete