[J] Today is a better day.
Marisa's extraneous hole count has been reduced by 0.5. Her chest tube has been off suction since yesterday and her X-rays are showing an inflated lung. The doctors are not 100% sure that her lung is healed, but sure enough to knock H down to 4.5. They are debating when to pull the tube. Maybe today. Marisa told them to take their time. She let them know her preference was to minimize any future tube installations. Measure twice, cut once... or something like that.
Last night's nurse did not embrace the brain-drain flow tracking method created by the previous nurse. Instead she decided to take her own crappy data and make an illogical adjustment. Fortunately, the adjustment reduced flow so Marisa's headache pain remained low all night. Unlike the previous night, she slept well. I'm sure her intracranial pressure (ICP) was a little higher than desired, but as long as it didn't blow-out her seal; no harm no foul. Some pressure was being relieved, so I'm guessing she was OK. I've found that nobody really likes to make a science out of ICP control, doctors included. I think they count on patient headaches to limit severe overdrainage.
We rescheduled our flight home. Instead of leaving this Saturday, we'll be returning 2/16. Marisa can't wait to be home. I think she now sees the light at the end of the tunnel.
John,
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about the complications but I am glad that things are beginning to look better. You and Marisa are in our prayers. Hope to see you back soon.
Bill Floyd
Hey Kiddo!
ReplyDeleteHang in there! There is light at the end of tunnel. You will be back home soon. Here comes some Hugs your way...Squeeze (Can you feel them) :) We are here for you. Miss you lots.
It sounds like [J] has a good handle on what's going on. At least we know that he's not going to let anything past him! I love the formula. I hope that we'll hear that tubes are coming out and holes are sealing soon. It will all be well worth it in the end. Hand in there and get better soon.
ReplyDelete