I had what looks like was my last test this morning. It was another CT scan...this time of my heart to determine once and for all what the abnormality is by my heart valve. From what I've read on the internet, CT scans are not something that you want to get too often because of the level of radiation you are exposed to. This is my third CT scan, with the injection of contrast dyes, since I've been here. I'm probably glowing with all the scans, x-rays, and dye injections I've gotten during my time here.
John and I were on pins and needles waiting on the results which we finally got late this afternoon. I found out the I have a small aneurysm on one of the blood vessels on my heart and I also have the elastoma near the heart valve. According to Teresa (head RN at the neurology clinic), these findings will not hinder my lifestyle going forward. I will not have any physical restrictions, but I will have to monitor both of these...not sure how often yet though. We asked to meet with a cardiologist on Monday to get more information. So I guess I tried to look at the glass half full with the news. I would rather have had a little better news, but I did feel some sense of relief for once...especially since I don't have any other tests scheduled. We are still cleared to fly home next week.
The progress seems to continue with the hematoma in my lower spine. I was able to more than double my distance in walking without the walker. I think John would even admit that my pace has picked up a little. I even tackled a few sets of stairs, albeit slow.
No comments:
Post a Comment