Saturday, February 14, 2009

Flight home cancelled... again

Yesterday wasn't perfect. I experience some chest pains in the middle of the night, but neglected to tell John out of fear that something else went wrong. John called the on-call resident early yesterday morning and he recommended discussing the matter with Teresa (since I had an appointment to see her yesterday). Based on my track record, she ordered a CT scan of my chest that afternoon to rule out a blood clot. They don't think they found any clots, but did find a spot (some fancy word I can't remember) in my lung and want to do an MRI of my chest next Tuesday. Ugh!

Teresa decided to order an ultrasound of my legs late yesterday to guarantee that there were not any blood clots in my legs that could travel to my lungs. Thankfully, the ultrasound results were negative. Finally good news! I didn't expect to spend most of the day in the hospital which the nerves in my back were really not happy about. I found sitting up to be the most uncomfortable experiences throughout the day. Based on the blood clot fears, this motivated me to push through some of the pain and walk. I actually walked out of the hospital (with the walker of course) on my own. It was the longest walk in the last three weeks.

Last night went okay. No chest pains during the night and I think I got a pretty good night's rest. I am trying to walk and sit as much as I can. It doesn't look like we will fly back on Monday though. Now that I have another test scheduled and still can't sit longer than 20 minutes. I am able to put more weight on my right leg and have tapered off on the pain pills which seems like progress to me.

I hope this post makes sense. I'm trying to type as fast as I can before the pain is too much to take sitting here typing.

2 comments:

  1. Marisa !

    Yay for being at home!!! Glad to see you on the blog. Tuesday will go well and you will be back in FL in no time :) Have you went to In-N-Out yet ?!? I'm telling you "animal fries" its where its at ;0) Cynthia and I talk about you everyday and we can't wait till you come back.. fried pickles just isn't the same...

    ***Big hugs ***
    Love,
    Hanna and Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so glad you're out of the hospital. Sounds like you've made it over the last hurdle and are running down the home stretch. Hopefully all goes well on Tuesday and you'll be home before you know it. Lots of Love!

    ReplyDelete