Thursday, February 19, 2009

Feeling a little more normal

I had what will hopefully be my last test at the hospital this morning. I thought it was an EKG of the heart, but I'd call it an ultrasound of the heart. I was just happy this was one test that I didn't have to get stuck with a needle. This test is supposed to establish a baseline to forward on to the doctor in Florida, but I'm not sure what type of monitoring is necessary yet. I expect to get the results and more of an explanation on Monday. It was neat to find out that the ultrasound technician used to live in Satellite Beach and Indialantic...what a small world.

The slow, but steady progress continues. I haven't had to use the walker today. Although I can't walk too fast or upright like a normal person quite yet. We went out for lunch today and I was able to endure the standing and sitting without much discomfort. It's just nice to get outside...see the sun...and be a part of the real world more and more.

Editted on 2/19: I just found out that the test results from this morning are still inconclusive. They are now scheduling me for another CT scan tomorrow to rule out an aneurysm near my heart. I guess the saga continues. We had booked our return flight for next week Tuesday...we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment