[J] The hi-po pain meds work. She's been nearly pain free since last night. As it turns out, the doctors hesitate to give high power meds to patients who have had a craniotomy because it can mask serious complications. Since her surgery was over a week ago, and I don't think she's had any of the complications that the drug would mask, they should have given her the medication sooner. The resident who eventually prescribed the drugs appologized to Marisa for making the call so late. I think the 7:00 pm Steinberg visit last night was what got things done. He's also the one that ordered today's MRI. We're still waiting to have it done. Steinberg has definitely lived-up to the hype. His decision making ability is outstanding. Too bad he can't be everywhere at once.
By the way, I've killed both cell phone batteries. The charger is at the condo and I haven't been there for two nights. I think people have called, but I don't have the battery power to call back. I'm planning on going to the condo sometime today. I should be able to return calls then.
It should all be down hill from here.
I'm glad to see that things are looking up. I can't imagine what you've been through. Hopefully you'll be up and around soon and getting out of the hospital. Take care and know we're still thinking about you.
ReplyDelete