In an effort to regain the strength and conditioning that I lost while in the hospital, John and I took our longest walk yesterday...without the walker. We went out along the Stevens Creek Trail (a multi-use outdoor trail through the area) for what felt like a 5k, but was probably about 1.5 miles. I still cannot walk too fast or upright. The nerve pain is always there, but was more tolerable yesterday than the day before. I was just proud that I could walk as far as we did without assistance. It's funny how my leg muscles are just out of it now...my calf muscles started aching as if we had run a few miles.
We had our last In-N-Out burger stop for lunch yesterday. Mmmm! Those are awesome burgers! I love the fries. (Mike - We thought of you with every bite.)
I still have a ways to go. The nurses and doctors said the healing process for my nerves will take a few weeks. I cannot bend down to touch my toes or pick up anything on the ground, but I can tolerate sitting longer. John says I'm ready to fly...I don't know if I agree 100%, but I will be ready come Tuesday.
Hi Marisa - Strom's mom here. My computer blew up in a brown-out and I last left you about to go for your second surgery. And now, here you are, having attained legendary status in the medical complications world, and still standing to tell the tale. I'm so sorry you had to go through all that and I really admire your courage and grace-under-fire. I know your post-hospital recovery will be steadily positive and very brief. The worst is behind you, and that's a darn good place for it to be. Sincerely, Donna Strom
ReplyDeleteAh In n Out...I'm jealous! I hope you brought some back to FL with you! :)
ReplyDelete