It was only a four day week (even though it felt like five)...but I survived my first week back at work. It was actually nice to get back and gain more of a sense of normalcy. It was nice to see everyone and learn that many people have been following this blog. Some people were expecting to see half my head shaved. Luckily, my hair grows fast. The incision from the Moyamoya surgery is hidden on the right side and the left side is not too noticeable unless you're staring at it.
I heard back from Teresa earlier last week and evidently my case was presented by Dr. Vagelos at his cardiac conference. The recommendation was to get a cardiac stress test now to determine if I am ischemic. I also have to follow up with a CT scan in six months when I return to Stanford for my Moyamoya check up. If I have any cardiac symptoms or an abnormal stress test, the doctors will discuss the options. The cardiac stress test involves running on a treadmill to increase my heart rate. I am trying to step up my "physical therapy" and increase the distance and pace of my walks in hopes of being able to "run" for my stress test. The other option is to be injected with a drug to increase my heart rate and simulate running. I've had enough chemicals injected in me over the last two months to last me at least six months (until my Stanford follow up).
The Stanford cardiologist could not recommend a cardiologist in Florida, since they did not know any of them. I met with my PCP and was referred to a local cardiologist. I have my appointment on Monday. We stopped by the cardiologist's office this morning to drop off a copy of all my test images...I was the youngest person in the waiting room (and there must have been at least 20 people there).
I'm really hoping for some good news for once.
No comments:
Post a Comment