Saturday, April 4, 2009

Medical jargon

I received copies of all my test results from Stanford in the mail recently. The stack of papers is about as thick as a novel. Attempting to read the narratives of the test results is like reading a foreign language. I think doctor's pride themselves in using words that the average person cannot understand. Words like mediastinal, infarct, pedunculated, etc. ?!@#!?

I received my cardiac stress test results last week and was told every looked good. My EKG results were good and no abnormal blood flow according to the local cardiologist. I am now getting referred to a cardiovascular doctor at Shands in Gainesville. I am scheduled to go up there next week. In the mean time I scrambled to send them all my test images and reports...in hopes that they review them before I get up there.

The nerve pain has made significant progress for the better. I am back at the gym and plan to try to get back on the bike this weekend...if I can garner the courage to put a bike helmet on my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment